Welcome!

Saturday, May 22, 2010


We are certainly getting looks in Switzerland with our big family. There is a palatable exasperation when we walk into any store, and when we take up the whole sidewalk. I didn't notice it too much until today, when I went shoppping downtown Zug with just Allie and Maddy. Suddenly, people were a little friendlier. I will be curious to see if the six of us are received differently in Italy.

We did have a most fabulous lunch. And I had wine at 12:30! While I know most of Europe has this habit, it just feels so fabulous and new to me. See the picture above with the dark, but fruiy, wine -- also note Maddy jumping in the background, and Allie in the way back. (Nicholas was off behind the tree and Rachel was crawling around the grass.) Could I drink wine at lunch every Saturday, or is that dangerous territory? Maybe it's the elevation in Montana that makes it more difficult to enjoy these small pleasures.

Tomorrow we head into Zürich to pick up our car, and get ready to drive down to bella Italia first thing Monday morning. I am eager to see our apartment -- cross your fingers for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment